Official Drawing Rules
PartyLite is responsible for the processing of personal data, defined as any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction, it receives, under the applicable Privacy Shield Framework, and, on occasion, subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. PartyLite complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. A Privacy Shield organization has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. The Privacy Shield organization shall remain liable under the Principles if its agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless the organization proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, PartyLite is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, PartyLite may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the International Centre for Dispute Resolution at the American Arbitration Association, our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield web site, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
PartyLite has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
If you feel that PartyLite has not satisfactorily resolved your complaint or has failed to respond to your complaint within 45 days, you may bring your complaint to the attention of your local data protection authority within the EEA (DPA). The DPAs will establish a panel to act as an independent dispute resolution body who will investigate and resolve complaints brought under the Privacy Shield free of charge to you. PartyLite commits to cooperate with this panel as an independent body to resolve disputes relating to its compliance with the Principles. PartyLite will comply with any advice given by DPAs where they take the view that specific action is necessary to comply with the Principles and will provide the DPAs with written confirmation that such action has been taken.
Collection of personal data
- You create an account on our website;
- You make a purchase on our website;
- You want to receive our newsletters and promotional offers;
- You contact us to become a PartyLite consultant;
- You contact us to become a PartyLite host and organize a party;
- As part of your browsing on our website;
- You need to contact us via our website for any reason relating to our products and services.
Sometimes you will provide your personal data to us directly (e.g. when you contact us via our website, when you make a purchase, etc.), sometimes we collect it (e.g. using cookies to understand how you use our website) or sometimes we receive your data from other third parties acting as data processors (e.g. via our consultants’ websites when you are buying from a consultant).
We collect in particular the following personal data: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and transaction information. Please do not provide us, in particular via the open fields in our website, sensitive information (such as data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, sex life or sexual orientation).
When we collect data through forms including electronic forms, we will indicate the mandatory fields via asterisks. Failure to provide the data marked with an asterisk could prevent you from accessing a product or a service.
Purposes of personal data processing
Personal data collected through your account, during a purchase and/or via PartyLite’s website will primarily be used to process your order/purchase, to provide you with the delivery services and to process warranty service.
Personal data collected by PartyLite will also be used for the purpose of allowing PartyLite to contact you at your request if you would like to become a PartyLite consultant or a PartyLite host, to send you adequate information regarding these activities and to allow you to become a consultant or a host and assist you in your missions.
PartyLite may also use your personal data, with your prior consent, to keep you informed of developments and offers relating to PartyLite or our products and services and to invite you to PartyLite events/parties.
We also collect your personal data when you contact us/ask questions relating to our products and services ers’ needs and expectations and process their requests).
Data collected by cookies or similar technologies as part of your browsing on PartyLite’s website are processed to tailor our services for you, to allow proper functioning of our website, to ensure the website is secure and safe and to run statistics (please see below for more information regarding the website’s cookies).
Disclosure of personal data collected
Some of your personal data may be accessed:
– Within the Group PartyLite (including by its employees and executives).
- This will only be done on a need-to-know basis and where necessary to provide you with the products and services you have asked for, or in the context of a contract between you and PartyLite, or with your consent (in particular for marketing purpose), or when necessary to achieve the purposes listed above.
- We only provide them with the information they need to perform such services, and we require that they do not use your personal data for any other purpose. These service providers will only act upon PartyLite’ instructions and will be contractually bound to ensure a level of security and confidentiality for your personal data that is the same as the one PartyLite is bound to ensure and to comply with applicable personal data protection laws and regulations.
- For instance, we use service providers for the organization of customer care, implementation of promotions, further development of our internet offer, communication and contact with our customers, organization of events/parties, etc. We also use providers for credit card processing/payment and for IT services (hosting services, database maintenance, etc.).
- If its provider processes your personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, PartyLite will be liable unless it proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.In addition,
– PartyLite may share your personal data with third parties:
- To protect the rights, property or safety of PartyLite, our Users, our employees or others; or
- In the event of a merger or sale of the company’s assets (in such case your personal data will be disclosed to the prospective buyer); or
- To comply with a legal obligation or to respond to legal proceedings of any nature, Court orders, any legal action or implementing enforcement measures that are required by the competent authorities; or
- For other purposes required by applicable legislation or with your prior consent.
Links to other websites
All personal data that you have specified during the shopping process will be transmitted to us only encrypted from your computer. We use the proven encryption system SSL (Secure Socket Layer). This widespread system for protection of online purchases guarantees the highest possible security not only of your order data, but also, for example, the account or credit card number used.
PartyLite uses reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect and safeguard the order and business information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized transmission, and destruction.
Procedures for the regular review and evaluation of the effectiveness of technical and organizational measures have been established.
Not all personal data collected on this website will be saved. All personal data that is stored is encrypted, and all systems connected to the Internet are equipped with firewalls and are regularly monitored to ensure a high level of security. We store your personal data in our data center in New Jersey and Massachusetts, USA and at Amazon web services (as indicated above, such transfers of personal data will always be done in a secure and lawful way).
We ensure the security of your personal data in all our branches. If you have concerns about the use of your information or want to be deleted from our email list, please contact us.
Data retention period
We will keep your personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes of the processing for which it was collected (typically the length of the contract). We may, however, keep your data for a longer period of time in application of specific legal or regulatory provisions and/or to comply with applicable statute of limitations periods. In case of longer data retention for other reasons, we will inform you of such reasons and of the applicable retention period upon collecting your personal data.
To determine the data retention period of your personal data, we use in particular the following criteria:
- Data in connection with the administration of your account is retained as long as you use such account/keep it activated and for the applicable statute of limitation periods;
- Data in connection with the processing of your transactions is retained during the period of your transaction, and in accordance with applicable legal requirements and statute of limitation periods (typically 6 years in the United States);
- When you have consented to receive commercial solicitations, PartyLite will retain your personal data until you let us know that you no longer wish to receive such solicitations or after a period of inactivity defined in accordance with applicable state and/or federal legislation;
- When your data is collected in the context of queries or questions concerning PartyLite products and services, and when you contact us to become a host or a consultant, PartyLite will retain your data for the time necessary to process such queries;
- When cookies are placed on your terminal, the cookie data is retained in accordance with the legal requirements.
- A right of access and information : you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form of the way in which your personal data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case (ii) to access such personal data and obtain a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification : you have the right to obtain the rectification of any inaccuracy in your personal data. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of supplying a supplementary statement.
- A right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) : in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data. However, this is not an absolute right and PartyLite may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such personal data.
- A right to restriction of processing : in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- A right to data portability : you have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to PartyLite, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from PartyLite. This right only applies when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing : you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personal data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of PartyLite. PartyLite may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority : you have the right to contact your Data Protection Authority to complain about PartyLite’ personal data protection practices.
- The right to give instructions concerning the use of your data after your death : you have the right to give PartyLite instructions concerning the use of your personal data after your death.
- The right to register on an opposition list/do not call registry : regarding direct marketing performed by direct calls.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. In addition, Google may also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and its use of the online offer as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The anonymized IP address provided by Google Analytics within the scope of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data provided by Google.
As an alternative to the browser plug-in, you can click on this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout to prevent the collection by Google Analytics on this website in the future. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device. If you delete your cookies, you must click the link again.
Our website includes plug-ins from Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (Facebook). They are indicated by the Facebook logo or the note “Like”.
The Facebook plug-ins lead to information about your visit being forwarded to Facebook and, if necessary, saved there if you have a Facebook account and are logged in with your Facebook account while visiting our website. In the logged-in state, it is possible to assign the data to the Facebook profile.
Otherwise, the Facebook plug-in will forward to Facebook the information that you have visited the website provided with a Facebook plug-in. Through interaction with a Facebook plug-in, e.g. by clicking on the “Like” button, this information and any other information that you have entered in this context will also be saved there.
We use the tool “Facebook Website Custom Audiences”. By means of a pixel integrated on this website, we mark you as a User of our website. For this purpose, no personal data will be collected or used by you. Facebook can recognize you by using this pixel when visiting the Facebook website. Information about your visit to our website is forwarded to Facebook without any personal reference for analysis and marketing purposes. The information transmitted to Facebook is a non-reversible and non-personal checksum, which is based on your usage data. There is no transmission of further or other data under this technology.
You can go here to learn more about the handling of the data by Facebook and also make setting changes: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/, or https://www.facebook.com/about/ads or here https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. If you wish to prevent the use of Facebook Website Custom Audiences, you can do so by clicking on this link:
E-mail and newsletter
As explained briefly above, we use your e-mail address, which you have given us in the ordering process, for sending the order confirmation as well as other important customer information necessary for the product order, processing and delivery in our system in connection with your product order.
When visiting our websites, we may use information about your activities on our websites (surfing behavior, viewed products, shopping carts) to create a pseudonymised usage profile. We would like to use this information to send you mailings targeted and tailored to your needs.
When you sign up for our newsletters or for being contacted for our events/parties, you agree that we use the aforementioned information and your order history to send you customized mailings and marketing messages or to ask you about your satisfaction with the products you have purchased or to invite you to PartyLite events/parties. Your data will be used solely for this purpose and will not be shared with third parties. You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect without incurring any costs other than the base rate transmission costs. To do this, either click on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or send an informal letter to:
PartyLite Gifts, Inc.
600 Cordwainer Drive,
Norwell, Massachusetts 02061
via E-Mail: email@example.com
Please understand that we can only respond to requests for information or inquiries about your personal data if we can ensure that you are actually the sender (in some cases we may ask you to provide us with your ID). Please make your request always in writing by mail or e-mail.
By post: PartyLite Gifts, Inc.
600 Cordwainer Drive,
Norwell, Massachusetts 02061
By phone: 781-347-9552
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org